Main Page Content

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain a copy of my patient chart?

Patient records are available by request through our Health Records service.  

I am visiting from out of town – where can I stay?

You’ve got many different options for places to stay in Toronto, and we’ve found several that offer discounted rates to UHN patients and family members. Consult our list of accommodations.

What are my rights as a patient?

View our Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities.

I will be driving to the hospital - where can I park?

There is parking available at each of our sites. Learn more here.

Please note: Our parking rates serve as a fundraiser for our hospitals, and they match the rates of other lots in the downtown area. If you prefer to park elsewhere, there are several public parking lots nearby, as well as metered street parking.

All of our sites are accessible by TTC. There is also a free shuttle bus service between Toronto General and Toronto Western hospitals. Find more information about the shuttle here.


I am looking for a patient in one of your hospitals - who should I call?

To locate a patient please contact the Patient Inquiry line at:

Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Phone: 416 946 4545

Toronto General Hospital
Phone: 416 340 3131

Toronto Rehab - Bickle Centre
Phone: 416 597 3422 ext. 2000

Toronto Rehab - Lakeside Long-Term Care Centre
Phone: 416 533 2828

Toronto Rehab - Lyndhurst Centre
Phone: 416 597 3422 ext. 6000

Toronto Rehab - Rumsey Centre (Outpatient)
Phone: 416 597 3422 ext. 5200

Toronto Rehab - Rumsey Centre (Neuro)
Phone: 416 597 3422  ext. 5300

Toronto Rehab - University Centre
Phone: 416 597 3422 ext. 3000

Toronto Western Hospital
Phone: 416 603 5801

What are your visiting hours?

Find all the information you need about visiting a patient.

What should I expect for wait times?

The Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care publishes up-to-date information about wait times for Ontario hospitals, which is available here.  

I live in a country outside of Canada and I would like to know if I can come to your hospital for care?

UHN has an International Patient program. Learn more about it here.

What is a teaching hospital?

UHN is a teaching hospital. We train new doctors, nurses, and other health care professionals. Students work with your health care team, while qualified teachers guide them, and they are considered a member of the health care team. Learn more about our role as a teaching hospital.

What if I’m not satisfied with how my complaint is dealt with? (OPO)

If you are not satisfied with the response or resolution provided by the UHN Patient Relations office, you may wish to contact the Office of the Patient Ombudsman

If your concern is regarding a specific individual, you may want to contact the appropriate college (e.g., the College of Physicians and Surgeons) for more information about their complaints process.

I lost my belongings while I was in the hospital. What can I do?

You can contact the Manager of the area where you lost your belongings in and/or the Security office (416 340 4111) to ask if your belongings have been found.

Please note that patients are advised not to bring money or valuables to the Hospital. UHN does not assume responsibility for patient money or valuables. Patients choosing to bring valuables into the Hospital do so at their own risk and expense. It is recognized that patients will have personal items such as clothing, medications, and personal support aids with them (e.g., eyeglasses, contact lenses, dentures, hearing aids, mobility aids and prostheses, etc.) however, the Hospital will not assume responsibility for these items if they are damaged or go missing.