Professional Education

Kinesiologists complete a 4-year Honours Degree in Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, or Physical and Health Education. Programs are offered at several post-secondary institutions across Ontario:

  • Brock University (St. Catharines)
  • Lakehead University (Thunder Bay)
  • Laurentian University (Sudbury)
  • McMaster University (Hamilton)
  • Nipissing University (North Bay)
  • Queens University (Kingston)
  • University of Guelph (Guelph)
  • University of Toronto (Toronto)
  • University of Ontario Institute of Technology (Oshawa)
  • University of Ottawa (Ottawa)
  • University of Waterloo (Waterloo)
  • University of Windsor (Windsor)
  • Western University (London)
  • Wilfrid Laurier University (Waterloo)
  • York University (Toronto)

Post-graduate programs are also available to enhance clinical practice and skills.

To become a member of the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario, an entry-to-practice exam is required by all new graduates. These exams take place each year, during the Spring and Fall. 

Student Education

At UHN, kinesiology students complete practicum hours and internships through established professional placement agreements. The UHN Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation Program hosts students from the following schools:

  • Humber College (Exercise and Lifestyle Management post-graduate diploma)
  • University of Guelph-Humber (Faculty of Kinesiology)
  • University of Toronto (Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical & Health Education)
  • York University (Masters of Fitness Science and Masters of Science in Kinesiology)

Back to Top