Student Education Audiology

An audiologist holds a minimum of a Masters level degree in Audiology, but may also have a PhD in research Audiology or a clinical Doctorate (AuD) in Audiology. Education includes classroom work and lectures, clinical placements, as well as research work. Many audiologists write national-level exams after graduation. All Ontario audiologists must be registered with the provincial regulatory body, CASLPO.

Professional Education

Continuing education is mandatory for certified audiologists. Both the provincial and national level regulatory bodies require a minimum number of continuing education units each year. This education may be acquired through conferences, conventions, workshops, lectures, rounds, seminars, teleconferences/telerounds, university or college courses, study groups, self-study, student supervision or presentations.

Interprofessional Education

Audiologists work closely with other professionals in different work settings. These include speech-language pathologists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, otolaryngologists, neurologists, pediatricians, family physicians, psychiatrists and psychologists.

Contact Us

Maxine Armstrong, Manager of Audiology

Back to Top