The Magic Castle is a free child-care service for children up to 12 years old. We take care of your children so that you can go to your appointment or visit family at the Princess Margaret. We also welcome children who are patients themselves.
In the Magic Castle, a registered early childhood educator and
hospital volunteers support children's learning with age-appropriate play-based activities. Children are encouraged to express themselves through play and creativity, making the Magic Castle their own safe place.
The staff and volunteers engage children in a number of learning opportunities and areas of fun and development such as:
- Arts & crafts
- Games (video, computer and board)
- Creative and medical play
- Playing with toys
- Watching movies/PS4 station/tablets
- Sensory play
- Music and movement
Magic Castle staff creates and updates many pathfinders and booklets to better support children and their families touched by cancer. Staff also lends books related to cancer and assists families with other resource services information.
New COVID-19 Precautions:
- Once you register your child for Magic Castle you will be asked to complete the
COVID-19 self-screening tool at home.
- Pre-registration is recommended since space is limited. Call the Magic Castle by phone to register your child. If you wish to drop-in, and there is space available, the early childhood educator will ask you self-screen your child at the door.
- Children over the age of two are required to wear masks.
- Is it not required that children going to Magic Castle are vaccinated but it is recommended.
Princess Margaret Cancer Centre |
Maps & Directions
Location: Main floor - Room M913
Getting to Magic Castle: Map to Magic Castle
Hours & Contact
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am — 4:00 pm
Phone: 416 946 4501 ext. 5157
The Magic Castle is part of the
UHN Cancer Experience Program.
Do you have questions about the Magic Castle?