With an international reputation for novel approaches to research and to clinical care, the Division of Medical Oncology and Hematology at Princess Margaret is the largest comprehensive program of its kind in Canada.
Our multidisciplinary, inter-professional team of internationally recognized medical and hematological oncologists, general practitioners, nurses, trainees and allied health professionals offers people with common, rare and complex forms of cancer access to a range of revolutionary clinical programs and research, including:
- Novel Phase I, II and III clinical trials
- Personalized medicine
- The latest developments in new cancer therapies, including immunotherapy and targeted therapies
Our world-renowned Blood and Marrow Transplant Centre is the largest centre treating leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma in Canada. We are leaders in building the capacity of health care centres across the province and nationally to treat people closer to home.
Our accredited outpatient Systemic Therapy Unit and Malignant Hematology Day Unit offer the most advanced, state-of-the-art treatment options in a setting that considers the patient experience while also meeting the highest standards for treatment delivery and patient safety, security and privacy.
Vision, Mission & Guiding Principles
Vision: To be a global leader in medical oncology and hematology practice, education and research.
To achieve this vision, we are committed to:
- Providing compassionate, high-quality, patient-centred care as part of each patient’s health care team
- Creating a supportive environment that provides opportunities for ongoing learning and professional growth
- Improving patient outcomes and advancing care through innovation and research
- Fostering a spirit of collaboration and partnership locally, nationally and internationally