Guide for Physicians Referring to the Gattuso Rapid Diagnostic Centre (Breast Cancer)
Go back to Patient Referral homepage »
To complete the standard referral process:
- Download and complete the Gattuso Rapid Diagnostic Centre Referral Form (PDF). If you do not know which physician to refer your patient to, please indicate "next available". We will link your patient to the first physician who is available and appropriate.
- Fax the completed referral form to 416 946 2370. The form will be reviewed to ensure that it is complete; if incomplete, it will be returned to you.
- Our office will either call you* or your patient directly with information about what is required to process the referral.
- Submit the patient's last 5 years of breast imaging on a CD, along with the accompanying reports. The imaging CD and reports are submitted for consultation with our breast radiologists.
- Once this consultation has been completed, the patient will be booked for an appointment. We will either call your office* or the patient directly (or both), with the patient's first appointment.
* If we contact your office, you are responsible for providing the patient with the appointment information, including time and location.
Checklist for a Complete Referral
To ensure your referral is complete, make sure to include:
- A referral form, filled out in its entirety
- All breast imaging study reports for the last 5 years
- Note: the patient will be required to obtain the actual breast imaging studies on a CD
If this information is not included with the referral form, your referral may be returned as incomplete.