The Autologous Transplant Day Hospital provides care and treatment to patients who receive their stem cell transplant or immune effector cell therapy on an outpatient basis.
Please bring the following items:
Documents and Information
- Health card (OHIP card)
- Information about private health insurance or other health benefits. If you have private health insurance or receive other health benefits, this may help to cover the cost of
preferred accommodation if you request to stay in a semi-private or private room.
- A copy of any advance directive (power of attorney or living will) you may have.
- Contact details for other health care providers who have been involved in your care to help us ensure continuity in your care.
- The names, addresses and telephone numbers of your family members, friends or other emergency contacts and your family doctor.
- All your medications in their original bottles.
- Or a complete list of medications you are currently taking, including prescription medications, non-prescription medications, vitamin or mineral supplements and herbal remedies.
Clothing and Personal Items
- Loose, comfortable clothes to wear during the day that are easy to put on.
- Socks and comfortable shoes with non-skid rubber soles, such as running shoes. If you have limited movement in your arms or hands, we recommend bringing shoes with Velcro straps. Please do not bring flip-flops.
- Do not bring any electrical appliances such as a razor, blow dryer, kettle, fan, humidifier or small appliances.
- Hearing aids and batteries, dentures and eyeglasses.
- Walker, wheelchair or other mobility aids, labelled with your name and phone number.
You May Also Want to Bring
- Food and drink that you will need for the time you are at the day hospital.
- A cell phone.
- Small personal items, such as books or magazines.
- A personal device for music or entertainment, and headphones or earplugs so you do not disturb other patients. Free UHN guest wi-fi is available throughout the hospital. Note: there are no TVs in rooms.
- A small amount of money for newspapers, coffee or other small purchases in the hospital.
- Anything else that will make your stay more comfortable.
We do not take responsibility for your money or valuables. If you choose to bring them into the hospital, you are doing so at your own risk.
A unit coordinator or nurse will meet with you shortly after you arrive. They will welcome you and:
- Get your health card (OHIP card) number
- Get information about any private insurance you may have or other health benefits you may receive
- Get any other relevant information, such as emergency contact
- Help you get settled and comfortable as quickly as possible
- Orient you to the unit
- Answer any questions you may have
Plan to spend 3 - 10 hours at the day hospital.
No visitors are allowed in the Autologous Day Hospital except when requested by your healthcare team. Essential Care Partners may wait for you in the lobby.