Transforming Care. Transforming the Patient Experience.
Over the past 20 years, there has been steady growth in the oncology programs at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.
To continue to meet the demand for our services and to improve the patient experience, the cancer centre is renovating.
Patients and visitors will notice changes in:
Announcements and Construction Notices
Murray Street Parking Garage Under Construction
- There will be no access to parking stalls in Bay D (southern-most bay) in the 40 Murray St. Parking Garage on levels P2, P3, P4, P5 until Friday, March 5, 2021. Levels P6, P7,P8 will remain accessible.
Main Floor Washrooms Near Security Office Are Closed
- The main floor washrooms beside the Security Office are closed for the foreseeable future. Other washrooms on the main floor remain open for use.
Patient & Family Library Closed Until Further Notice
- The Princess Margaret Patient & Family Library is closed until further notice. We will continue to support you with health information via email and phone.
- Contact Michelle Snow, Cancer Education Librarian
Phone: 416 946 4501 ext. 3691
610 University Avenue Front Entrance Now Open
- The front entrance of 610 University Avenue is open for patients. An accessibility ramp has also been installed at the 610 entrance as part of the renovation.
New Blood Lab and Blood Lab Lounge Now Open on Main Floor
- The new Blood Lab and Blood Lab Lounge is now open on the main floor, after having been temporarily moved to the 3rd floor for renovations. Please check in for your blood lab and outpatient ECG appointments in the Blood Lab Reception area on the main floor.
Last updated October 19, 2020
Main Floor Lobby
Starting in May 2017, the main floor of the Princess Margaret will be renovated to make this area more inviting for patients, families and visitors. To minimize disruption, renovations will be done in phases. The cancer centre will continue to operate as usual, but certain areas on the main floor will be closed off at different times as the work progresses.
Artist rendering of the Murray Street entrance renovations
-- back to top --
Renovations to Clinics
The 5th Floor of Princess Margaret has been renovated to accommodate an expanded Gynecology Clinic, and to create a permanent location for the Palliative Care Clinic.
Patients affected will be notified about changes to clinic locations as renovations continue.
Artist rendering of a renovated clinic space
-- back to top --