Transforming Care. Transforming the Patient Experience.
Over the past 20 years, there has been steady growth in the oncology programs at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.
To continue to meet the demand for our services and to improve the patient experience, the cancer centre is renovating.
Patients and visitors will notice changes in:
Announcements and Construction Notices
Murray Street Revolving Doors and Atrium Closed for Construction from Friday, June 19 at 6:00pm to Thursday, July 2 at 6:00am
- You can still access Princess Margaret through the Ambulatory Waiting Area (AWA) sliding door entrance on Murray Street. This may be easiest for those patients with mobility issues who are being dropped off on Murray Street.
- If you are able to do so safely, please consider using the 610 or 620 University Avenue entrance. A new wheelchair ramp is now available at the 610 University Avenue entrance.
610 University Avenue Front Entrance Now Open
- The front entrance of 610 University Avenue is open for patients. An accessibility ramp has also been installed at the 610 entrance as part of the renovation.
New Blood Lab and Blood Lab Lounge Now Open on Main Floor
- The new Blood Lab and Blood Lab Lounge is now open on the main floor, after having been temporarily moved to the 3rd floor for renovations. Please check in for your blood lab and outpatient ECG appointments in the Blood Lab Reception area on the main floor.
Hospital Areas Under Renovation:
- The circular staircase that leads down to 1B and 2B is closed. Please take the elevators to and from your appointment. We do not monitor other staircases and we ask that you do not use them except in an emergency situation. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- The Princess Margaret Patient & Family Library has been temporarily moved from the main floor to the 2nd floor of 610 University Avenue - North West Atrium (just outside the Hematology Clinic).
Last updated June 17, 2020
Main Floor Lobby
Starting in May 2017, the main floor of the Princess Margaret will be renovated to make this area more inviting for patients, families and visitors. To minimize disruption, renovations will be done in phases. The cancer centre will continue to operate as usual, but certain areas on the main floor will be closed off at different times as the work progresses.
Artist rendering of the Murray Street entrance renovations
-- back to top --
Renovations to Clinics
The 5th Floor of Princess Margaret will be renovated to accommodate an expanded, relocated Gynecology Clinic, and to create a permanent location for a new Palliative Clinic.
Patients affected will be notified about changes to clinic locations.
Artist rendering of a renovated clinic space
-- back to top --