Transforming Care. Transforming the Patient Experience.
Over the past 20 years, there has been steady growth in the oncology programs at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.
To continue to meet the demand for our services and to improve the patient experience, the cancer centre is renovating.
Patients and visitors will notice changes in:
Announcements and Construction Notices
610 University Avenue Front Entrance Closure From November 25, 2019 Until Spring 2020
- The front entrance of 610 University Avenue will be closed from Monday, November 25, 2019 until Spring 2020 due to renovations. Staff and patients will need to enter Princess Margaret Cancer Centre through:
- Murray Street entrances (use revolving doors)
- 620 University Avenue, just north of 610 University Avenue (there is a connecting hallway from 620 University Avenue to 610 University Avenue on the first floor)
Murray Street Ambulatory Sliding Doors Closure:
- The Murray Street side Ambulatory Sliding Doors are closed to all patients and staff due to construction.
- Main revolving and temporary doors on the east side of the Murray Street entrance are open.
- The Murray Street driveway is now open.
- Please allow extra time and patience due to new temporary drop-off for patients who are on stretchers and all other walking patients.
Areas Under Renovation:
- Public staircase in the Lobby is closed. Please take the elevators to and from your appointment. We do not monitor other staircases and we ask that you do not use them except in an emergency situation. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- The Blood Lab Collection Centre and outpatient ECG has been temporarily moved from the main floor to the 3rd floor (Room 3-301) of 610 University Avenue. Patients checking in for an outpatient ECG must now check in at the 3rd floor Blood Lab Collection Centre, instead of the Ambulance Waiting Area.
- The Princess Margaret Patient & Family Library has been temporarily moved from the main floor to the 2nd floor of 610 University Avenue - North West Atrium (just outside the Hematology Clinic).
Last updated November 18, 2019
Main Floor Lobby
Starting in May 2017, the main floor of the Princess Margaret will be renovated to make this area more inviting for patients, families and visitors. To minimize disruption, renovations will be done in phases. The cancer centre will continue to operate as usual, but certain areas on the main floor will be closed off at different times as the work progresses.
Artist rendering of the Murray Street entrance renovations
-- back to top --
Renovations to Clinics
The 5th Floor of Princess Margaret will be renovated to accommodate an expanded, relocated Gynecology Clinic, and to create a permanent location for a new Palliative Clinic.
Patients affected will be notified about changes to clinic locations.
Artist rendering of a renovated clinic space
-- back to top --