Transforming Care. Transforming the Patient Experience.
Over the past 20 years, there has been steady growth in the oncology programs at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.
To continue to meet the demand for our services and to improve the patient experience, the cancer centre is renovating.
Patients and visitors will notice changes in:
Announcements and Construction Notices
Tim Hortons Now Open (610 University Avenue Entrance)
- Tim Hortons is now open on the main floor of Princess Margaret Cancer Centre near the 610 University Avenue Entrance.
Day Oncology Clinic (Ambulance Waiting) Now Open
- The Day Oncology Clinic (Ambulance Waiting) opened on April 19, 2021. This space was previously called the Ambulance Waiting Area. Anyone arriving to the Princess Margaret by ambulance or needing to wait for an ambulance will still be able to wait at the Day Oncology Clinic in a specified Ambulance Waiting section.
Central Line Blood Collection Services No Longer Offered at Day Oncology (Ambulance Waiting)
- Central line blood collection services are now performed at the Blood & Specimen Collection / ECG area on the main floor.
Patient & Family Library Closed Until Further Notice
Last updated April 27, 2021
- The onsite Princess Margaret Patient & Family Library is closed until further notice. We will continue to support you with health information via our Virtual Librarian services by email and phone.
- Contact Michelle Snow, Cancer Education Librarian
Phone: 416 946 4501 ext. 3691
Main Floor Lobby
Starting in May 2017, the main floor of the Princess Margaret will be renovated to make this area more inviting for patients, families and visitors. To minimize disruption, renovations will be done in phases. The cancer centre will continue to operate as usual, but certain areas on the main floor will be closed off at different times as the work progresses.
Artist rendering of the Murray Street entrance renovations
-- back to top --
Renovations to Clinics
The 5th Floor of Princess Margaret has been renovated to accommodate an expanded Gynecology Clinic, and to create a permanent location for the Palliative Care Clinic.
Patients affected will be notified about changes to clinic locations as renovations continue.
Artist rendering of a renovated clinic space
-- back to top --