Transforming Care. Transforming the Patient Experience.
Over the past 20 years, there has been steady growth in the oncology programs at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.
To continue to meet the demand for our services and to improve the patient experience, the cancer centre is renovating.
Patients and visitors will notice changes in:
Announcements and Construction Notices
Main Floor Washrooms Near Security Office Now Open
- The main floor washrooms beside the Security Office have been reopened for use.
Main Floor Murray Lounge and 2nd Floor Atrium Lounge Now Open
- There are 2 new lounge areas open for public use. The lounges are on the Main Floor near the Murray Street entrance, and on the 2nd Floor in the atrium.
Murray Street Parking Garage Under Construction Until March 5, 2021
- There will be no access to parking stalls in Bay D (southern-most bay) in the 40 Murray St. Parking Garage on levels P2, P3, P4, P5 until Friday, March 5, 2021. Levels P6, P7,P8 will remain accessible.
Patient & Family Library Closed Until Further Notice
- The Princess Margaret Patient & Family Library is closed until further notice. We will continue to support you with health information via email and phone.
- Contact Michelle Snow, Cancer Education Librarian
Phone: 416 946 4501 ext. 3691
Last updated January 18, 2020
Main Floor Lobby
Starting in May 2017, the main floor of the Princess Margaret will be renovated to make this area more inviting for patients, families and visitors. To minimize disruption, renovations will be done in phases. The cancer centre will continue to operate as usual, but certain areas on the main floor will be closed off at different times as the work progresses.
Artist rendering of the Murray Street entrance renovations
-- back to top --
Renovations to Clinics
The 5th Floor of Princess Margaret has been renovated to accommodate an expanded Gynecology Clinic, and to create a permanent location for the Palliative Care Clinic.
Patients affected will be notified about changes to clinic locations as renovations continue.
Artist rendering of a renovated clinic space
-- back to top --