Transforming Care... Transforming the Patient Experience
Over the past 20 years, there has been steady growth in the oncology programs at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.
To continue to meet the demand for our services and to improve the patient experience, the cancer centre is renovating.
Patients and visitors will notice changes in:
Temporary Road Closure on Sunday, October 20:
University Avenue/Queen's Park will be closed on Sunday, October 20 for the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon.
- University Avenue/Queen's Park will be closed between Dundas Street West and Front Street on Sunday, October 20 from 4:00am - 11:00am.
- University Avenue will be closed between Bloor Street and Dundas Street West from 8:00am - 10:00am.
- Please allow extra time for travel due to these temporary road closures.
Murray Street Ambulatory/Sliding Doors Closure:
The Murray Street Ambulatory/Sliding Doors are closed to all patients and staff from September 4, 2019 to October 18, 2019 due to construction.
- Main revolving and temporary doors on the east side of the Murray Street entrance are open.
- The Murray Street driveway is now open.
- Please allow extra time and patience due to new, temporary drop-off for patients who are on stretchers and all other walking patients.
Areas Under Renovation:
Public staircase in the Lobby is closed. Please take the elevators to and from your appointment. We do not monitor other staircases and we ask that you do not use them except in an emergency situation. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The Blood Lab Collection Centre and outpatient ECG has been temporarily moved from the main floor to the 3rd floor (Room 3-301) of 610 University Avenue. Patients checking in for an outpatient ECG must now check in at the 3rd floor Blood Lab Collection Centre, instead of the Ambulance Waiting Area.
The Princess Margaret Patient & Family Library has been temporarily moved from the main floor to the 2nd floor of 610 University Avenue - North West Atrium (just outside the Hematology Clinic).
Last updated October 16, 2019
Main Floor Lobby
Starting in May 2017, the main floor of the Princess Margaret will be renovated to make this area more inviting for patients, families and visitors. To minimize disruption, renovations will be done in phases. The cancer centre will continue to operate as usual, but certain areas on the main floor will be closed off at different times as the work progresses.
Artist rendering of the Murray Street entrance renovations
-- back to top --
Renovations to Clinics
The 5th Floor of Princess Margaret will be renovated to accommodate an expanded, relocated Gynecology Clinic, and to create a permanent location for a new Palliative Clinic.
Patients affected will be notified about changes to clinic locations.
Artist rendering of a renovated clinic space
-- back to top --