By Michelle Snow, Librarian, Patient & Family Education, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Anxiety and fear are common feelings for patients and families coping with cancer. Yoga, visualization and meditation are some examples of relaxation techniques that can help reduce anxiety.
Learn about meditation and visualization from these resources in the Patient & Family Library.
- Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Mindful Way Workbook by John Teasdale
- Real Happiness by Sharon Salzberg
- Mindfulness-Based Cancer Recovery by Linda Carlson
- Calming Your Anxious Mind by Jeffrey Brantley
Relaxation Class at Princess Margaret
Learn how to use deep breathing, muscle relaxation and guided imagery to heal you mind, body and spirit. Visit the
Relaxation class page for more information.
Find YouTube videos on relaxation and yogic breathing, created by University Health Network, on the
ELLICSR YouTube channel.