This scholarship supports students who are between the ages of 18 and 39 who have or have had cancer. The scholarship will support post-secondary academic endeavours and will take into account the personal achievements and triumphs of students.
The $1,000 Michael Kamin Hart Scholarship is a one-time award for full- or part-time students in a college or university program in Ontario, Canada. Students may be in any year of their studies provided that they are enrolled for school for the upcoming Fall semester.
About Michael Kamin Hart
This scholarship was created to honour the memory of Michael Kamin Hart, who was a vibrant, intelligent and compassionate young man who was completing his Masters degree in Biochemistry at the Michael G. DeGroote Institute for Infectious Disease Research at McMaster University. In his memory, the Michael Kamin Hart Scholarship recognizes other young people who are pursuing their studies while dealing with the effects of cancer.
Michael Kamin Hart Scholarship ($1,000 each) is open to students who:
- Are between the ages of 18 and 39.
- Are currently attending or will be attending a university or college program in Ontario for the upcoming Fall semester. Confirmation of enrolment in a program as a full- or part-time student is required.
- Are a resident of and currently reside in Ontario.
- Have undergone cancer treatment or currently being treated in an adult cancer centre.
View the Michael Kamin Hart Scholarship poster for more details »
How to Apply
- Download the
Michael Kamin Hart Scholarship instructions and application form [PDF].
- Complete the application form and prepare supporting documents.
- Email the required documents as a PDF (preferably one PDF) to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Michael Kamin Hart Scholarship - Your Name' by August 2, 2019.
Deadline for submissions: August 2, 2019
All applicants will be notified by email at the end of August about the status of their application. Scholarship cheques will be issued to the college or university once the AYA team has received confirmation of full-time enrolment in your post-secondary program and proof of fees paid.