Skip to Main Content
Sign in to myUHN Patient Portal

Community Care Access Centres (Home Care)

​Staff at your Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) can connect you with the care you need at home and in your community. They can:

  • Help you stay in your own home longer by arranging care in your home if you are finding living in your home difficult and by coordinating care in your community, including specialized support services
  • Provide you with information about long-term care options if home care is not enough and it becomes too difficult for you to live independently at home

Contact your CCAC if you or someone you know would like help with day-to-day activities.

Each CCAC is staffed by caring and knowledgeable professionals who will assess your needs, determine your requirements for care, answer your questions and develop a customized care plan that meets your individual needs. Then, if required, they’ll arrange for health care professionals to provide a range of care and supportive services to help support you at home and help you enjoy the best possible quality of life. These may include nurses, physiotherapists, social workers, registered dietitians, occupational therapists, speech therapists and personal support workers.

When you contact your local CCAC, a care coordinator assesses your needs, answers your questions and develops a care plan for you. Your care coordinator will check in with you regularly to see if your needs have changed or your plan needs adjustment.

The advice and services provided by your CCAC are covered by OHIP.



There are 14 CCACs throughout Ontario. Find your local CCAC [opens in new window] »



Call 310 2222 or visit the CCAC website for more information [opens in new window] »

Last reviewed: 11/19/2015
Last modified: 11/30/2017 7:39 AM