The Radiation Medicine Program's Quality Committee functions to monitor, analyze, report and make recommendations on all aspects of radiation treatment quality and safety within RMP.p>
Meeting expectations and delivering high-quality work is critically important in a radiation medicine program.
This program was established to guarantee that each patient's treatment strikes a critical balance between personalization and consistency of practice.
Our staff are part of national and international organizations charged with establishing and advancing practice standards. Our quality conformance standards aim to exceed national and international guidelines.
To deliver precise, accurate, targeted radiation, we use state-of-the-art equipment and techniques:
Our treatment delivery units are:
- 16 Linear Accelerators (all VMAT, IMRT & CBCT enabled, dual energy, MLC)
- 2 Gamma Knife Perfexion units
- 1 Orthovoltage/Superficial X-ray unit
- 2 Brachytherapy high dose rate (HDR) remote afterloaders
Magnetic resonance-guided radiation therapy (MRgRT) facility equipped with TrueBeam Linear Accelerator, IMRIS 1.5T MR, Elekta HDR
Systems currently employed within the Radiation Medicine Program
Computerized treatment planning platforms:
- 4 CT Simulators (1 with PET)
- 1 MR simulator
- Pinnacle Treatment Planning System
- RayStation Treatment Planning System
- Brachytherapy planning systems: Oncentra, BrachyVision, VariSeed
- GammaPlan Planning System