No IMRT Education Courses have been scheduled at this time
Today's IMRT: Optimizing IMRT in contemporary radiotherapy practice
Explore the evolution of IMRT in this 2-day interactive course; reviewing foundational concepts and applications as well as highlighting new IMRT approaches in contemporary practices. Quality and safety considerations for modern day IMRT will also be addressed.
Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy
Over the past decade, Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) has emerged as the contemporary standard of care for patients with many forms of cancer. It exploits technologies that minimize treatment side effects, while giving definitive radiation doses to diseased tissue. The course was developed to share a unique interprofessional approach to patient treatment and program development to give professionals an opportunity to enhance their knowledge and skills in this area.
This two-day education course will offer participants the opportunity to:
- Build a foundation on which to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to incorporate IMRT approaches in the management of patients.
- Develop insight into the processes and systems needed to support an IMRT program at their home centre.
- Learn in a collaborative environment by participating in interprofessional teams consisting of oncologists, physicists, dosimetrists, and therapists.
Course Program Overview
Recent IMRT Course Program
Educational credits are assessed on a per-course basis. Below is a sampling of the credits awarded for the last iteration of the course, but these are subject to change.
- Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists - 18.5 Category A Credits
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons - 13.5 Section 1 Credits
- Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board - 16 Credits
- Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Program Inc.- 13 Credits Hours
General registration fee is
$2,000 CDN. This fee includes:
- Access to electronic pre-course materials
- 2 day on-site course attendance
- Access to electronic post-course materials
- Breakfast and lunch each day
- Social event
- Course binder is no longer included in registration fee, but can be provided upon request for small fee. Please inquire.
Upcoming Course Dates
No IMRT courses have been scheduled at this time.
Confirmation of registration will be provided upon receipt of payment.
DO NOT book non-refundable travel until your registration has been confirmed.
Registrant Cancellation: Written notification of cancellation is required at least ten business days prior to the course start date. If notification is received by this time a refund will be issued, minus a 15% administration fee. Substitutions and transfer of registration to a future course are also permitted. No refund will be issued if cancellation is received fewer than ten business days before the course start date.
Course Cancellation: If a course is canceled, the Accelerated Education Program will refund the course registration fee in full but is not responsible for travel, accommodation, or other expenses incurred by the participant. The AEP assumes no liability for changes in course content or faculty.
Early-bird Discount: The AEP offers a 15% early-bird discount* to registrations completed four weeks or more prior to a course start date.
Alumni Discount: The AEP offers a 20% discount* to University of Toronto Department of Radiation Oncology Alumni.
*Discounts are only applicable to general registration pricing. Discount may not be applied to trainee pricing.
These policies are subject to change without notice.